On this episode, host Jason Woods speaks to Dr. Natalie Nokoff, a pediatric endocrinologist who works with transgender patients. The discussion centers on the health care needs of these patients, preferred language, safety, and how to approach the discussion of gender in our population.
- Human Rights Campaign
- National LGBT Health Education Center
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Transgender Law Center
- Wylie K, Knudson G, Khan SI, et al. Serving transgender people: clinical care considerations and service delivery models in transgender health. Lancet 2016; 388:401.
- Turban J, Ferraiolo T, Martin A, Olezeski C. Ten Things Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Youth Want Their Doctors to Know. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2017; 56:275.
- Olson-Kennedy J and Forcier M. Management of transgender and gender-diverse children and adolescents. UpToDate. Last Update Nov 2018. Accessed Nov 2018.
- Olson-Kennedy J and Forcier M. Gender development and clinical presentation of gender diversity in children and adolescents. Last Update Nov 2018. Accessed Nov 2018.
Natalie Nokoff MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Section of Endocrinology, Children’s Hospital Colorado and the University of Colorado